Dear Prospective IEOC member,
We are pleased to invite you to apply for membership in the International Equine Ophthalmology Consortium (IEOC). This non-profit organization was formed in 2009 to bring together professionals who are interested in the field of equine ophthalmology in order to collectively advance the science of equine ophthalmology and to improve the care of equine patients.
An invitation to join the IEOC is extended to any Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), or equivalent, clinician or non-veterinarian clinical researcher who is interested in equine ophthalmology. This includes all veterinary ophthalmologists, internists, surgeons and other specialists, as well as general practitioners or researchers with an interest in equine ophthalmology. Membership is also open to veterinary residents, and to DVM or equivalent students. Individuals in the latter group require to be sponsored by a veterinarian.
The current annual dues fee ($125) is the same for all member categories and will be used to help the IEOC provide unique member benefits (see below) as well as assist with the annual symposium costs and operational expenses.
If your professional background and/or interests lie in equine ophthalmology, please consider applying for membership. Please submit your application together with the dues fee (complete this dues form online). Confirmation of membership will be supplied in writing to the applicant via email to the address provided in the application. The dues cycle runs from January 1 to December 31st annually.
Benefits of IEOC membership include:
- Priority registration for IEOC symposia. **Note: The location of the annual symposium will alternate between American and European locations.
- Reduced registration fees for IEOC symposia.
- Exclusive access to internal IEOC website and interactive forum.
- Searchable archived on-line case forums.
- Access to online clinical studies (information, possible future database input).
- Access to private group IEOC Facebook page for easy case discussion, automatic messages when new forum post is made or when website updates are available, etc.
- Reduced subscription rate to the Veterinary Ophthalmology journal.
- Membership directory with detailed members-only contact information.
- A professional listing in the equine ophthalmology referral database for public referrals.
- IEOC email address, if desired (@equineophtho.org).
If you have questions regarding the IEOC or the symposium, please contact the IEOC office.
Thank you for your interest and participation.
IEOC Executive Director